Okay, I’m feeling brave today (I blame ninetydrops!) so I’mma try to answer some of these questions sitting in my inbox! Picture is relevant because shut up.
Thank you! I wish I could do a full length animation too! But I’m just not fast enough, it takes me a couple of weeks do do a few seconds of animation u_u I am actually working on a music video that I still intend to finish, but it’s on hold until I catch up with commissions - probably wont continue it ‘till after Christmas.
I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 to animate, it’s not really for animation, but it’s my comfort-zone. If you’re interested, there’s a sort of guide/wip thing I made here.
@Opalight: No but that was a super spiffy game! The art is lovely, so I’mma take that as a whopper of a compliment! The artist is artsysammiches , go follow her art blog!
@im-so-kawaii-sugoi: Pshhh, naw! Go for it, my blog loves the attention! Just don’t let it near the fridge.
@teapartyasian: Sorry, nope. For one thing, I usually draw at a low res. But even for the one or two pics that I have made to print scale that couldn’t be an option. I’m pretty sure we’re not allowed to sell fanmerch. But I’m fine with that, I wouldn’t know where to begin with getting prints made! Thanks for asking though, it made me pretty darned pleased to know someone would want to buy them!
@mizushimo:Oh gosh, thanks! Brobot and Jake shenanigans are highly probable in the future - two of my favourite characters together in one of my favourite ships! But not likely before Christmas, too much backlog for me to get through.
A lot of my favourite tags are really flippin’ slow and I just wanna boost them all constantly! I wish I could draw really fast!
I have never Livestreamed myself drawing, and I probably never will. I’m hopeless at drawing when I think people are watching. I’m hopeless at existing when I think people are watching! I am very proud of myself when I manage to hustle up the guts to visit someone else’s Livestream! I’ve watched about four or five my whole life, it’s scary but fun and I think I’m getting better at making myself join in.
For my CS5 pen setting… I uh…use… the …uhh… fourth brush in (Do they even have names? *sheepish*) and have it set to the default settings for pretty much everything! Disappointing? Sorry. I’mma walk through it with a quick Salamander pic, because I miss drawing consorts. I use exactly the same settings for sketching, inking and flat shading, and I usually draw in size 5, I just use less pressure when I sketch. The only thing I change is I turn the spacing all the way down to 1%
Most of my pics are done in a hybrid of cel style and soft shading. For the crisper shading …you guessed it. I use the same brush! For softer shading, I just turn down the hardness and sometimes up the brush spacing. I don’t use a specific number, or even a vague ball park - I just make it up on the spot based on how smooth I want it to be. Sometimes I lower the opacity too, to layer colours.
That’s pretty much all there is to say on the matter of my brush settings. I sometimes make brushes myself as and when I need ‘em.
Then I shrink it so that it looks like I can actually draw smooth, neat lines. I’m such a fraud! Shh.
My glasses brush, freckles brush, grass brush, coral brush and leaf brushes.
And that’s enough of that for one day! Phew!
- cantownstuck likes this
- dodo-excuse reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- dodo-excuse likes this
- plushyoutuberrumps likes this
- reachfortheskaia likes this
- sr-m-blackrose reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- sr-m-blackrose likes this
- saxophonekory likes this
- sillyblackcat likes this
- daftkanaya reblogged this from prince-vantas
- prince-vantas reblogged this from barackobarn
- barackobarn reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- hosilade reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- lady-revolver reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- lady-revolver likes this
- ikusorirukaroru likes this
- slenderkyon likes this
- soaring-in-the-sky likes this
- gooookarate likes this
- squishyelephants likes this
- ask-humancasey likes this
- queenteels likes this
- stitchpunk1 likes this
- cryda-guy likes this
- sonotcanon likes this
- bluewind61 reblogged this from insecureillustrator and added:
- logicalframework likes this
- usagi-a-fucking-italian-fangir reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- usagi-a-fucking-italian-fangir likes this
- grannykin said: I’m so so proud of you my son, you took a big step today! <3
- grannykin likes this
- katyesol likes this
- patmandx likes this
- toxicdivision likes this
- a-handful-of-lethargic-bees reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- courteouswall said: I usually leave my brush settings exactly the same too lol. Unless I’m doing something special. I’m a huge fan of the blur tool though.
- roborenard reblogged this from dangrel
- sariana89 likes this
- ruf1ohn1tram likes this
- dangrel reblogged this from insecureillustrator
- tamakivevoremade likes this
- jubilateboon likes this
- eyecandybutts likes this
- awingedflame likes this
- aldah likes this
- pokecoordinator-drew likes this
- sxae likes this
- ask-di-stri likes this
- autumnwyvern reblogged this from insecureillustrator